This preview provides an overview of the new features and capabilities that are incorporated into Winworks AutoShop Series 7. Since our last major release, Version 5.5, we have made over 500 changes to Winworks AutoShop including suggestions from you, various enhancements and adjustments. Each year we find that some worthy suggestions must be postponed for a future version as we prioritize those improvements that will have the largest impact upon our thousands of users. This new version can have a substantial impact on how the Winworks AutoShop software system contributes to your shop’s success.
Summary of New Features
New Look and Feel
Up to 35 Sales Tax Rates
Up to 8 Estimating Import Options
New Searchable Help System
Attach PDFs to Vehicle Record
Track Marketing Source by WO
Easier Multi Window Navigation
Optional Premium Parts Catalogs
(Activant, NAPA and IAP)
Std Task Appointments
Import Previous Work Order Jobs
Batch Work Order Printing
New Sublet Report by Vendor
USB Cash Drawer Integration
And much more …
1. New Look and Feel – We have given Winworks AutoShop a brand new look and feel for Version 7. The menu buttons no longer have titles below them. Instead, you can view a tool tip for any button by hovering your mouse pointer over it. We’ve also enhanced the look and feel when AutoShop is maximized on wide screen monitors.
2. Integrated Text Messaging – (Pro/Premium Editions, GS w/Pak) We’ve added a new and easy way to communicate to your customers via text messaging. When you send a text message, you are sending a short message directly to your customer’s cell phone. Responses from them are sent you’re your email address. You can send text messages directly from the Lookup window, the Scheduler’s list view and the Marketing Machine. When you click the Txt Msg button in the Lookup Window or Scheduler List View, you will see a menu of saved messages. You can add or edit this list from the Standard Txt Msgs listing (select from the Lists menu). The Scheduler List View adds an ‘Appointment Reminder’ message that automatically inserts appointment data into the message for you.
3. PDF Integration – There is a new View/Create PDF option for the Accounting Reports and Work Order printouts. This gives you a convenient way to preview a work order whether you’ve selected a standard or custom print format with options to save it to a PDF file or attach it to an email. Now the work orders customers receive via email will look the same as the printed versions. AutoShop will also insert their email address when you email then a work order.
4. Scheduler List View – You can now view the days scheduled jobs and appointments in a convenient list format. The list will show the time period, assigned technician, customer, vehicle, work order number and job description. When you click on a job, you can view the jobs detailed description (1024 resolution only) and customer and vehicle contact information. You can also send the customer a text message, email or view the work order itself or edit the appointment from the List View. You can click on the column headers to change the sorting of the list. You can also limit the list to a particular technician and use the Printer icon to print the selected technician’s jobs for the day. When viewing the Day View, double-click a scheduled appointment or task to view that item in the schedulers List View.
5. New Help System - We have completely re-written the Winworks Help System and provided you a new powerful tool to learn about all the time saving features within your Winworks AutoShop system. Often there are features you’re unaware of that can save you time and improve the way your shop is managed. Now you can search the updated help system easily, create bookmarks for sections you want to refer to later and learn about features at your own pace. If while you’re browsing the new Help system, you find a section you would like to bookmark, simply click the Bookmark button, click Add New Bookmark and it will be saved for you. To ensure fast networking, the new Winworks Help System is installed locally on each computer and saved bookmarks are only saved for the computer they were created on. You can also configure the top tool bar to include the Help button to more easily access the help system.
6. New Localities System – We now include a database of over 42,000 localities which are city/state/zip code combinations. By default, the list is limited to your home state. You can add additional status or use the entire US database. You can also customize the database by adding your own localities.
7. Multiple Sales Tax Rates - We’ve expanded the number of special Sales Tax Rates you can setup. Now, you can add as many sales tax rates as necessary. We have also modified the Sales Tax Report so that you can limit the report to only those customers setup on a particular sales tax rate. For example, if you add a special Government sales tax rate, then you can print the Sales Tax Report for only those ‘Government’ customers. These combinations of features should allow you to get more precise sales tax information for your tax return.
8. More Import Buttons on the Task Window – You can now have up to nine import buttons on the task window (7 on the 800 resolution). This was necessary as we add more and more importing options to the Winworks AutoShop system such as importing tasks from closed work orders as discussed in item 15 below.
9. Advanced Lookup Search – The Lookup window now gives you a powerful way to locate a closed work order, counter sale or an estimate. You can search your database based on customer type, within a date range or dollar amount. Other search options include: Service Advisor, the work order Reference field, key words in the task or part descriptions. You can limit the search to specific technicians or parts or vehicles. Once your search is complete, a list of all matching work orders or counter sale tickets will be shown.
10. New Parts Catalog Interfaces – (Premium Edition Only)
We have added 3 parts catalog interfaces to our new Premium Edition. You can now locate and order aftermarket parts using Activant, IAP (Internet Auto Parts accessing multiple suppliers such as O’Reilly, Carquest, etc) and NAPA Online from within the Winworks AutoShop system. Contact us for more information about upgrading to our Premium Edition.
11. Import Tasks from Closed Work Orders – We’ve added a new import option on the Task window. You can now import a task from a recent closed work order for the current vehicle onto the new work order. This allows you to easily ‘repeat’ a previous job without re-creating the task.
12. Standard Task Appointments – You can now create an appointment using one of your Standard Tasks. That way, when you convert the appointment to a work order, the standard task will already be setup. We’ve included our yellow ‘Power Search’ to help you quickly find the standard task you’re looking for.
13. Open Window Indicator – Since Winworks AutoShop allows you to have multiple work orders open at the same time along with other windows, we’ve made it easier for you to see a list of all open work orders by moving your mouse to the bottom information panel. There, you’ll now see a button for each open window when more than one window is open. Click on a button to open that window.
14. Attach PDF Documents to a Vehicle Record – You can now attach a PDF document to the vehicles record by clicking the Pictures/PDFs tab on the vehicle window and clicking the Add Picture/PDF button. From the list, you can view or print any picture or PDF you’ve attached to a vehicle record.
15. Track Marketing Source on each Work Order – In addition to tracking the marketing source of new customers on the customer window, you can now track the marketing source for each work order. We’ve also expanded the number of marketing sources so that you can track individual advertizing promotions among other sources. The Management Overview report will provide results of your marketing efforts using the source you selected on work orders.
16. Work Order Customer Selection – When you search for a customer in the work order window, similar customers are shown in the drop down list. You can now point to a customer in the drop down list with your mouse to view a list of their vehicles before you select the customer.
17. Work Order Report – The new Work Order Report will print a list all the work orders in a list showing their date, work order number, customer, vehicle, labor, parts and total. This report is available from the Lookup window, along with the Customer and Vehicle windows.
18. Batch Work Order Printing – You can now print multiple work orders at a time from the Lookup window and the Customer and Vehicle windows.
19. Markup Imported Labor Hours – You can now automatically increase imported labor hours when importing form labor estimating systems. This option at the bottom of the Interface Settings window allows you to set a percentage to increase those hours automatically.
20. Purchase Order System Enhancements –You can now press ENTER on the Purchase Order List window to open/view the selected PO. You can now receive a PO from the PO Listing window. In the Receive Parts window, the totals are now updated after receiving a PO. When editing a PO, when you click Add Part, it will only search for parts related to that vendor.
21. Lookup Window Enhancements – We’ve corrected issues related to the automatic refreshing of items in the Lookup window listing. We’ve added a new time period selection to enable viewing of all work order history. We’ve added a Complete button so that you can easily mark a work order as complete in the Lookup window without opening the work order.
22. New Sublet Payable Report by Vendor – This new report shows your vendors sublet charges by vendor for a time period. The report shows the date, sublet task description, work order number, payable (cost) amount and the vendors name along with a total for each vendor.
23. New USB Cash Drawer Integration – We’ve added integration with APG Series 4000 UPB Cash Drawers. You can now add a mechanical cash drawer on any computer with a USB port. If you receive a cash payment the drawer will open automatically.
24. Show Standard Tasks within Groups – You can now organize your Standard Tasks into Groups. If the Inv Group option is selected, the list of Standard Tasks in both the Task window and the Standard Task window show the main Inventory Groups first. Double-click a group to see the Standard Tasks assigned to that group. This can aid in navigating to the standard task you’re looking for.
25. New Customer Parts History Report – Similar to the Parts History report available from the Vehicle window, you can obtain a list of all parts sold to a customer by clicking the Reports Menu button on the customer window and selecting Parts History Report.
26. New Inventory Purchases Report by Department option – You can now show the inventory purchases report for a selected department.
27. XCharge Credit Card Processing Enhancements – We’ve made many improvements to our integrated XCharge credit card processing system including the ability to accept ATM payments. In many cases, customers have chosen to XCharge as their credit card processing provider and lowered their rates and increased work order writing efficiency by processing directly within Winworks AutoShop.
28. Search Phone Numbers – You can now locate a customer by searching for their phone number even if it isn’t their main number.
29. More Info on Management Overview – Management Overview now includes totals for the number of services performed and the dollar amount.
30. New Employee Window Report – You can now view a report showing all the technicians assigned jobs, estimated hours, etc. by clicking the Report button on the Employee window.
31. CARFAX Integration – We’ve improved the reliability of our CARFAX uploader. If you’re not currently integrating with CARFAX, consider the advantages: 1. Your customer gets ‘credit’ for maintaining their vehicle since their services will show on the CARFAX report enhancing their vehicles resale value., 2. The CARFAX report will show you as the Repair facility where they have serviced their car, giving you a chance to continue to maintain the vehicle after it changes hands, and 3. You can obtain valuable vehicle information using the CARFAX VIN Decoder.
32. You can view a list of all users in a multi user environment by clicking User List from the Users menu.
33. You can specify a default payment method on the Other Settings tab of the Preferences window (select Preferences from the Options menu)
34. We’ve made several improvements to the Marketing Machine. In addition to its new look and feel and the new Text Messaging option (see item 2 above), we now can export email address to data files. If you select multiple zip codes for location based marketing, your list is remembered the next time you run the Marketing Machine. Also when adding a location, you can enter a city name instead and all the zip codes for that city will be entered.
35. Miscellaneous Changes: You can now change the Part Condition Status Indicator (N-New, R-Rebuilt, S-Special Order, U-Used) when you edit a part on a work order. The Inventory List window now has a Receive button to receive parts on the fly from that window. You can now add an email address for a vendor. On the Standard Task window, you can limit the list to certain vehicles only. The Payments report now includes a subtotal of all payments before A/R Charges. The Labor reports have been enhanced. We’ve updated our Mitchell interfaces for both DVD and Mitchell On-Line.